Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) – ARCHIVEDEdgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) – ARCHIVED
CLOSED 2019 – RENAMED CCDC CHEMICAL BIOLOGICAL CENTER
The Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) is the principal research and development organization in the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) for non-medical chemical and biological defense.
ECBC is composed of three directorates: Research & Technology; Engineering; and Program Integration.
The R&T Directorate has more than 400 employees, including more than 100 PhD staff members, with chemistry, biology, physiology and engineering expertise. R&T comprises six divisions and multiple branches with experts in specific areas including: Biosciences Division; Chemical Biological (CB); Detection; CB Protection and Decontamination; Chemical Sciences; Physics and Computational Sciences; Toxicology; and Obscurants.
The Engineering Directorate personnel develop and improve transitioned technologies, resulting in the production and acquisition of end items that are fielded to Joint Forces. The Directorate has over 600 people with main offices located on the Edgewood Area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. with additional personnel stationed at Rock Island, lI. Additionally, Engineering Directorate personnel directly support the Joint Project Managers under the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO CBD), as well as numerous other government organizations.
The Program Integration Directorate oversees the Chemical Biological Applications & Risk Reduction (CBARR), a group of approximately 250 field-deployable scientists, engineers, technicians and operators located in Edgewood, Maryland and Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
The Advanced Chemistry Laboratory and Aerosol Science Laboratory on Edgewood are just a couple of the over 25 unique facilities that comprise ECBC and provide support to chemical and biological protection, detection, and monitoring activities across the DoD and federal government.
Editor’s Picks: Articles related to ECBC. Links may lead to external sites.
- APG Advanced Planning Briefing to Industry (Apr 2019)
- Army ManTech Program Ramps Up MOF Production for Chemical Protection (Jan 2019)
- RFI – Modernizing the M41 PATS Gas Mask Fit Testing System (Dec 2016)
- OPCW Tests DoD Lab’s Biomedical Analysis Proficiency (Nov 2016)
- Nanoscale Fibers Break Down Chemical Warfare Agents (Oct 2016)
- Chemical Nerve Agent Pre-Exposure Antidotes (Oct 2016)
- US Army Tests Drones That Sniff Out Clouds of Chemical Agents (Sep 2016)
- Army Explores Use of Unmanned Vehicles to Detect Chem-Bio Threats (Aug 2016)
- Army Researchers Explore Digital Pathogen Detection (Jul 2016)
- ECBC Explores Use of Gels for Biological Decontamination (Jul 2016)
- The Army’s New Chemical Defense Testing Lab (Mar 2016)
- U.S. Army Teams with Biodetech LLC on Food Safety System (Feb 2016)
- CBRN Contaminated Remains Transport Case (Jan 2016)
- Decoding Biothreats with a Tiny DNA Sequencer (Jul 2015)
- WMD Detector Selector: CBRN Market Survey Goes Interactive (Jun 2015)
- New MOF to Combat Chemical Warfare Agents (May 2015)
- ECBC Researchers Make Strides in Developing CWA Resistant Coating (May 2015)
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Center Receives Army Safety Award (Apr 2015)
- Corriveau New Director at Edgewood Chem-Bio Center (Feb 2015)
- CBRNe Big Picture: Field Deployable Hydrolysis System (Feb 2015)
- UD Laboratory Works with Army to Detect Dangerous Chemicals (Jan 2015)
- Mobile Chemical Destruction System Wins U.K. Award (Dec 2015)
- Joint Chemical Agent Detector for…Explosives? (Nov 2014)
- ECBC and the Next-Generation M50 Mask (Nov 2014)
- DoD Units Recognized for Role in Syrian Chemical Weapon Disposal (Nov 2014)
- CRESS Detection for New Types of IEDS (Nov 2014)
- Edgewood Seeks CBRNE Response Equipment Suppliers (Jul 2014)
- New Method Discovered To Protect Against Chemical Weapons (May 2014)
- ECBC to Test SNIFFER Chemical Detector for Baltimore Transit System (Apr 2014)
- ECBC Scientists Use Spectroscopy to Advance Chemical Detection (Jun 2013)
AMSRD-ECB-PI-BP-CP/Kennedy E3330 5183 Blackhawk Rd APG MD 21010-5424