The Missile Defense Agency has announced a new Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) seeking proposals for Advanced Technology Innovation (ATI).
This BAA is intended for proposals related to advanced research technology development in support of the integrated, layered Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) to protect the U.S. and its allies from a ballistic missile attack.
The MDA Ballistic Missile Defense layered approach includes sensors, kinetic energy systems, directed energy systems, battle management, and command control elements that will engage threat ballistic missiles at all ranges and throughout its trajectory.
MDA efforts are focused on making the BMDS more robust against the widening threats, and increasing capabilities to handle a broad range of unknown missiles, warheads, trajectories, and adversaries. MDA must have the ability to detect, track, identify and destroy the ballistic missile.
MDA is interested in receiving white papers in the following topic areas:
- Radar and Communication Systems
- Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensor Systems
- Directed Energy Systems
- Computer Science, Signal and Data Processing
- Mathematics, Probability and Decision Theory
- Physics, Chemistry, and Materials
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Modeling and Simulation
- International BMDS Cooperation
- Advanced Non-Liquid Kill Vehicle (KV) Propulsion Systems or Architectures
- Advanced Kill Vehicle Technology and Architectures
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: HQ0147-15-ATI-BAA. The BAA remains open until Feb 28, 2017.