This week experts and stakeholders from the explosives ordinance disposal (EOD) and counter-improvised explosive device (C-IED) community will gather to discuss strategies and new technologies at the EOD & C-IED 2014 event.
The conference and exhibition runs Nov. 17-19, 2014 in Madrid, Spain.
Featured speakers at the event include:
- Brigadier General James Burton, Commanding General, 20th CBRNE, US Army
- Colonel Ronnie Nilsson, Commanding Officer, Swedish EOD and Demining Centre SWEDEC
- Colonel Rafael Jimenez Sanchez, Director CIED, Spanish Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Giovanny Riaño Garzon, Chief, Anti-explosives CBRN Information and Firearms Tracing Centre
- Lieutenant Colonel Oliver Esdar, Chief CIED, German Ministry of Defence
- Christine Allen, Project Manager, Counter Explosive Hazard, US Army
- Major Dick Bouwhuis, United Nations Mine Action Service, Mali
- Captain Christian Hildenbrandt, Joint Task Force Counter-IED, Dutch Ministry of Defence
- Chief Superintendent Nigel Grimshaw, District Commander, North and West Belfast, Police Service Northern Ireland
- Shafqat Malik, Assistant Inspector General Of Police, BDU Peshawar
- Mushtaq Mahar, Deputy Inspector General HQ, Sind Police
- Massimo Pedemonte, C-IED Instructor, Italian Police Force
- Sergeant Lou DeRubeis, Bomb Squad Commander, City of Stamford Police Department
- Police Officer Erin Trew, Bomb Technician/EOD K9 Handler, City of Stamford Police Department
- Ahdin Orahovac, Deputy Director, Mine Action Centre in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BH MAC)
- Robert Shaw, Security, EOD & Intelligence
Counter IED and EOD missions were synonymous with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But as these operations draw to a close, the continuing threat of IEDs in both military and civilian landscapes makes a Counter IED and Explosive Ordnance Disposal ready force no less important.
The Middle East, North Africa and South America, as well as the West are all suffering from the proliferation of these weapons as a tool of terrorism and disruption, necessitating effective future planning and training.