The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) is seeking technologies to detect, assess, monitor and assist in the mitigation of nuclear threats via non-radiological means.
The effort is managed by DTRA’s Research and Development (RD) Nuclear Technologies Nuclear Threats (NTDN) branch, which seeks a performer with the capabilities to provide information that will enable DTRA NTDN to determine the best investment strategy and areas of research.
This effort combines and integrates research, subject matter expertise, literature research, and scenario analysis to provide insights into detecting radiological and nuclear threats via non-radiological means.
Specific requirements are as follows:
- Research and assess data and technical insights on foreign nuclear weapons handling and security procedures.
- Analyze signatures or indicators can be used to determine if there is an event of NTDN’s concern, or use these signatures and indicators to localize search efforts.
- Ability to bring subject matter experts into the effort for insight and to predict realistic scenarios.
- Facilitate and conduct scenario walk-throughs of potential “loose nuke” scenarios to determine signatures and indicators of concern and learn where NTDN could effectively apply their time and funding.
- Draft and execute an Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) Avoidance and Mitigation Plan.
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: HDTRA1-NTDN-0001. The response deadline is Feb 23, 2015.