The Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) is conducting market research to identify solutions for commercially available laboratory grade, fixed-site Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS) systems to be mounted into a Mobile Laboratory.
The fixed-site GC/MS system must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Detect a chemical hazard (e.g., Chemical Warfare Agent (CWA), Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC), and precursors and degradation products in an environmental sample
- Time to result of under 15 minutes
- Provide a chemical analysis capability with 85% accuracy
- Provide analysis for gas, liquid, and solid samples with high reliability, selectivity, and sensitivity
- Contain operating and analytical instrumentation that is user friendly and does not
- require advance scientific training;
- Graphical interface that is clear and easy to read
- Contain on-board libraries to conduct chemical analysis
- Weigh less than 200 lbs. to include battery and all consumables
- Have dimensions no larger than 21” H x 32” W x 21” D
Due to the need to mount this system within an existing mobile laboratory, the respondent should identify any transportability related testing of their system. Respondents should also identify all imposed OEM restrictions that would prevent third party contractors working for MCSC from conducting authorized maintenance.
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: M67854-15-I-1021.