The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) is conducting market supplier research via a new Request for Information (RFI) seeking portable x-ray systems.
The DTRA, Technical Equipment Inspection Section (J3OSAIT) requires a field portable x-ray system to conduct technical inspections of foreign inspection equipment to ensure the operation of such equipment is treaty compliant.
Requirements for the portable x-ray system include:
- Not exceed 16” wide x 18” deep x 15” high
- Not exceed 45 lbs
- Be capable of processing durable and reusable phosphor imaging plates up to 14” wide x 17” long
- Contain multiple imaging plates that can be assembled in a mosaic pattern for a single exposure
- Be able to function in direct sunlight and in extreme temperature ranges
- Have wireless capability for tight access applications
- Be capable of automatic plate erasure and image processing and display of less than one minute
- Be ruggedized with few moving parts
- Have sturdy isolating/damping feet to eliminate external vibration
- Use 100-240 volts AC and have a self-contained rechargeable battery option with 4-hour run time
- Be “one-man” portable (both control unit and x-ray imager)
- Include imaging software to acquire, view, and share images
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: J4CBS-15-0003. The RFI response deadline is April 02, 2015.