Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) of Hurlburt Field, FL, is conducting market research to determine the existence of potential sources to provide brand name handheld radioisotope identifiers.
The Request for Information (RFI) seeks organizations that can provide the RadSeeker CL (commercial Lanthanum Bromide) system manufactured by Smiths Detection.
Specifications for the RadSeeker CL include:
- High sensitivity detection alarms/alerts indicates gamma or neutron radiation
- Exceeds all ANSI N 42.34 requirements for bare, shielded and masked isotopes
- Extensive library with 41 radionuclides classified according to ANSI N42.34
- No field calibrations are needed
- Has audio, visual, earphone, vibrator, and discrete LED for alarm indication
- Operating temperature -25F to +122 F
- Water resistant, dust and sand proof
- Wireless serial USB, Ethernet and satellite phone connectivity
- GPS providing the longitude and latitude of the system throughout the operation and marks the time the positive identification is made
- Detects and IDs multiple isotopes at one time and distinguish hidden, lower and/or masked emissions isotopes
- Weight: < 5.5 lbs and be battery powered and fully functional for ≥8 hours
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: FM441742470008-1. The response deadline is Nov. 20, 2014.