The Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) invests in high-risk, high-payoff research that has the potential to provide our nation with an overwhelming intelligence advantage over future adversaries.
IARPA has issued a Broad Agency Announcement soliciting for proposals for the Office of Incisive Analysis (IA).
IA focuses on maximizing insights from the massive, disparate, unreliable and dynamic data that are – or could be – available to analysts, in a timely manner. We are pursuing new sources of information from existing and novel data, and developing innovative techniques that can be utilized in the processes of analysis.
Highlighted topic areas of interest include:
- Methods for estimation and communication of uncertainty and risk
- Methods for understanding the process of analysis and potential impacts of technology
- Methods for measuring and improving human judgment and human reasoning
- Discovering, tracking and sorting emerging events and participating entities found in reports
- Testable methods for identifying individuals’ intentions
- Methods for analysis of social, cultural, and linguistic data
- 4D geospatial/temporal representations to facilitate change detection and analysis
- Novel approaches for mobile augmented reality applied to analysis and collection
- Novel approaches to data and knowledge management facilitating discovery, retrieval and manipulation of large volumes of information to provide greater access to interim analytic and processing products
According to IARPA, this BAA is primarily intended for early stage research that may lead to larger, focused programs through a separate BAA in the future, so periods of performance generally will not exceed 12 months.
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: IARPA-BAA-14-02. The response deadline is May 10, 2015.