The 2019 Best CBRN Warrior Competition closes out today after a week of intense competition on Fort Leonard Wood.
Competitors weathered through Tuesday’s storms and a full day Wednesday, completing the non-standard physical fitness test, obstacle course and various CBRN-related Soldier tasks.
An awards ceremony will be held today a noon at Baker Theater to name the 2019 Best CBRN Warrior team is slated to take place at noon.
This year’s CBRN Warrior teams include:
- Team 1: Sgt. 1st Class Anthony Parks & 1st Lt. Landon Clifford, 299th Brigade Engineer Battalion, Fort Carson, Colorado
- Team 2: Staff Sgt. Donjuan Brown & Staff Sgt. Jarrod Gasiorowski, 84th Chemical Battalion, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Team 3: 1st Lt. Zoltan Roka & Staff Sgt. Joshua Vazquez, 84th Chemical Battalion, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Team 4: Sgt. Paul Warburton & Spc. Joseph Stone, 71st CBRN Company, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Team 5: Staff Sgt. David Haynes & Staff Sgt. Keila Hernandez, 71st CBRN Company, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Team 6: 1st Lt. Dakota Holloway & Sgt. 1st Class Terrance Widmer, 10th Chemical Company, Fort Carson, Colorado/Fort Bliss, Texas
- Team 7: Lt. Kevin Dubios & Sgt. William Soulima, 2nd Dragoon Regiment, Camp Fontevraud, France
- Team 8: Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Totten & 1st Lt. Ronald Jacobson, 11th CBRNE Company, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
- Team 9: 1st Lt. Michael Francis & Sgt. Jesus Estrada, 25th CBRNE Company, Fort Stewart, Georgia
- Team 10: Master Sgt. Adam Jaffe & Staff Sgt. Aneudy Espinal, 23d CBRN Battalion, Camp Humphreys, Korea
- Team 11: 2nd Lt. Rachel Pennington & Spc. Timothy Moore, 23d CBRN Battalion, Camp Humphreys, Korea
- Team 12: 1st Lt. Wade Sweger & Staff Sgt. Rodolfo Cantu, 54th Brigade Engineer Battalion, Dal Molin, Italy/Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Team 13: Staff Sgt. Fernando Heredia & Pfc. Tito Acevedo, 54th Brigade Engineer Battalion, Dal Molin, Italy/Eglin AFB, Florida
- Team 14: 1st Lt. Reed Radford & Sgt. Deozae Hatchett, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
According to a spokesman with the 3rd Chemical Brigade, Team 13 will not be able to complete the remainder of this week’s events due to a medical injury.
For more information and photos, visit the 3rd Chemical Brigade Facebook page.