The Air Force Reserve Command has awarded a contract to RedXDefense, LLC for an explosives detection system.
The contract calls for a rugged portable outdoor explosive detection system with a pelican case, 3000-piece testing sample package, and training and warranty packages.
System requirements listed by the Air Force include:
- Suitable for outdoor use in harsh Minnesota weather
- Meets MIL-STD-810G or commercial equivalent for temperature storage, shock, vibration and transit drop
- Time to detect in under 15 seconds for most detections
- Sampling capabilities for trace particles
- Explosives detected: TNT, DNT, RDX,PETN, HMX, Semtex, Tetryl, C4, PE -4, COMP B, Deta Sheet, Prima Sheet, Det Cord, Prima Cord, Picric Acid, TNB, DNB, Nitroglycerin, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea Nitrate, TATP
- Sampling applications: Vehicles, people, packages, bags, surfaces, cargo
- Power Source: Rechargable Li-ion Battery; charger is included
- Operating range: 0C to 49C
- Detection principle: Fluorimetric Detection or equal
- Preservation of detection samples for use in the evidentiary chain
The place of performance is 934th Airlift Wing in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The contract is valued at $29,310.