A ricin scare in a Creighton University apartment building on Jan. 15 in Omaha, Nebraska prompted police and firefighters to evacuate that building and shut down a hospital emergency room where the woman who reportedly made the ricin went for treatment.
A 20-year-old Creighton student told workers in the emergency department at Creighton University Medical Center-University Campus, that she had tried to make the poison in an attempt to harm herself.
About 50 Creighton students were evacuated from Davis Square apartments and moved to other campus housing as hazmat crews cleaned the building. Normally about 260 students would occupy this facility, but fewer students were in dorms due to classes not being in session.
Read the story at the Omaha World-Herald and ABC