Idaho National Laboratory (INL), operated by the Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC (BEA) under contract with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), is offering the opportunity commercialize a unique method developed by the lab to remove mercury vapor from a selected environment.
This novel technology has been developed primarily for the removal of mercury vapor using new and unique chemistry with the following potential benefits:
- Expedite hazardous material clean-up
- Safer processes and work conditions
- Provide higher quality mercury vapor removal
- Provide an easier method for mercury vapor removal
- Reduce costs of environmental clean-up
This technology has been tested on the bench scale. Additional development will be required to demonstrate a pilot scale process.
INL is seeking industry partners to continue to develop and commercialize this unique technology are requested to provide a statement of interest by Aug 30, 2015.
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: INL-TD-15-006.