Idaho National Laboratory (INL)Idaho National Laboratory (INL)
INL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s complex of national laboratories. The laboratory performs work in each of the strategic goal areas of DOE: energy, national security, science and environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research and development.
The 890-square-mile laboratory includes a utility-scale electric power grid for improving grid reliability and security; a wireless communications user facility available for commercial and government-sponsored research; and key capabilities for performing cyber and control system.
INL’s explosives test range and Radiological Response Training Range enable testing and training opportunities that benefit the nation’s soldiers and first-responders.
Editor’s Picks: Select articles related to Los Alamos National Laboratory. Links may lead to external sites.
$25 Million Award Will Support Nuclear Nonproliferation R&D, Education
INL will be part of a consortium of 12 universities and 10 national laboratories led by the Georgia Institute of Technology to develop new technologies and educational programs to support NNSA nuclear science, security and nonproliferation goals.
- Good Things Going On at INL (Oct 2016)
- U.S. Navy Sets Plans to Upgrade Idaho Spent Fuel Facility (Oct 2016)
- Benoit Forget: Unraveling Complexities of Nuclear Reactors (Oct 2016)
- New Nuclear Reactor Plant Coming to the Idaho National Laboratory (Aug 2016)
- Need for Plutonium and Uranium Isotopic Standards With Lower Uncertainties (Aug 2016)
- Feds List Idaho as Possible Site for Nuclear Waste Storage (Apr 2016)
- New Nuclear Forensics Capability at INL (Dec 2015)
- INL Offers Mercury Abatement Technology (Jul 2015)
- INL Looking for Clean Energy Entrepreneurs and Experts (Feb 2015)
- New Supercomputer Available to Idaho Researchers (Dec 2014)
- This summer, INL Researchers Received A Long-Awaited Delivery (Nov 2014)
- INL is Advancing Global Security Technology (Oct 2014)
1955 N. Fremont Avenue Idaho Falls ID 83415