- This event has passed.
Virginia Emergency Management 2016
March 29, 2016 - April 1, 2016
The 2016 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium will be held March 29 – April 1, 2016 in Newport News, Virginia.
This annual event provides a forum to discuss current trends and topics and share information about the latest tools and technology in emergency management and homeland security.
Sessions encourage stakeholders at all levels of government, the private sector, public health and related professions to exchange ideas and collaborate to protect lives and property from disaster.
Highlighted topics include:
- Patient Tracking During a Mass Casualty Event
- Special Event Incident Action Planning
- Highly Pathogenic Outbreaks & Emergency Preparedness for Avian Influenza
- How to Respond to an Active Shooter Event
- Integrating Unmanned Aerial Systems into Emergency Response Operations
- Long-term Care Resiliency through Mutual Aid and Coalition Planning
- FEMA Region III and Virginia –Policy, Program, & Issues Update
- Building Partnerships and Bridges Between Sectors of Emergency Management
- Insights into the Post Disaster Recovery Planning Process
- Situational Awareness: What the Science Says
- Leadership During Crisis
Please visit the Virginia Emergency Management 2016 website for more information and to register.