- This event has passed.
MN Homeland Security and Emergency Management
February 9, 2016 - February 11, 2016
The 51st Annual Minnesota Governor’s Homeland Security and Emergency Management HSEM 2016 Conference will be held February 9-11, 2016 in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
This is the premier emergency management professional training and education event in Minnesota. Participants will benefit from keynote speakers, certification classes and general breakout training sessions that address current and critical topics in emergency management, incident response and disaster recovery for Minnesota.
Highlighted topics and training sessions include:
- Emergency management orientation
- State and federal disaster assistance programs
- Emerging diseases on the horizon
- H5N2 lessons learned
- Best practices for public alerting authorities
- Cyber security considerations
- Emergency management decision-making and problem-solving
- Effective crisis communication with public and media
- Assistive technologies
- Pipeline and hazardous materials safety
- FEMA community preparedness
- Fundamentals of emergency management exercises
- Homeland security and emergency management performance grants
- Childcare emergency and disaster assistance planning
- Emergency management training for elected officials
All state and local emergency managers, emergency response personnel, and partners from business, non-profits and Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD) are invited and encouraged to register and attend.
Please visit the Homeland Security and Emergency Management website for more information and to register.