- This event has passed.
Emerging Science on Indoor Chemistry and Implications
April 5, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT
The National Academies’ Committee on Emerging Science on Indoor Chemistry will host a workshop on Monday, April 5, 2021 to explore the emerging science of indoor chemistry.
This event will feature presentations, panel discussions, and audience engagement on emerging sensor technologies, modeling exposures to chemicals in indoor air, and other related topics. Leaders in the field will also share their views on cross-cutting issues, such as the connection between indoor chemistry and human health and housing-related disparities that lead to indoor air exposures. A final session will delve into the current research needs and data gaps.
Highlighted topics include:
- Emerging research and discoveries
- Air cleaners and disinfectants
- Surface chemistry
- Emerging sensor technologies to enhance understanding of chemicals present in the indoor environment and their distribution
- Modeling exposure to chemicals in indoor air
- Future chemicals of concern
- Emerging science connecting indoor chemistry and human health
This event is open to the public. Please register in advance.