- This event has passed.
Eagleson Institute Safety Cabinet Technology Course
May 2, 2016 - May 3, 2016
The Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology course is scheduled to take place May 2-3, 2016 in Sanford, Maine.
This course is intended for Biosafety officers, principal investigators, industrial hygienists, facility engineers, architects and certifiers. No previous knowledge is necessary.
The course agenda includes the following topics:
- How BSCs are constructed and function
- Laboratory ventilation equipment types
- What exhaust options exist for each type
- Why HEPA filtration plays a key role in BSC operation
- What factors influence BSC performance
- How to use safety cabinets effectively
- How performance envelopes are used to select a BSCs set point
- When and how cabinet decontamination is performed
- What hazards are associated with decontamination and certification
- How all required BSC testing is performed
- Selecting the appropriate BSC for a specific application
Please visit the Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology website for more information and to register.