- This event has passed.
ASM Biodefense 2015
February 9, 2015 - February 11, 2015
The American Society for Microbiology’s ASM Biodefense 2015 conference will take place 9-11 February 2015 in Washington D.C.
The 2015 ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting will feature keynote sessions, roundtable discussions, focus sessions, and plenary sessions that will present the latest findings for those carrying out the research to defend against the growing threats of bioterrorism and emerging infectious diseases.
Highlighted topic sessions include:
- Alternate Careers in Biodefense: Expanding the Horizons
- Are Filoviruses Co-Evolving with Their Receptor, Niemann-Pick C1, in Bats?
- Infectious Disease Emergence and Re-Emergence Influenced by Conflict and Climate
- Microbial Hackers: Pathogen Subversion of Host Cell Processes
- The Devil is in the Details: Deep Sequencing of Viral Populations for Insight into Virus Evolution and Emergence
- BWAs in the Environment
- Clinically Relevant Transmission of Microbes by Aerosols
- Coronaviruses: Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis
- Current Trends in Melioidosis and Glanders Vaccine Development
- Development of Point of Care Diagnostics for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Disease Needs
- End of the (Cell) Line: Microphysiological Systems for Biodefense Research
- Got to Eat and Run: Pathogen Subversion of Autophagy
- Manipulation of Host Cell Death Pathways by Bacterial Pathogens
- Molecular Events During Bacterial Pathogenesis and Disease
Please visit the ASM Biodefense 2015 conference website for more information and to register.