The Medical CBRN Defense Consortium (MCDC) has added a number of companies to its roster, as announced in the U.S. Federal Register this week.
MCDC was formed to establish an Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) with industry, academic, and not-for-profit partners for advanced development efforts to support the Department of Defense’s (DoD) medical pharmaceutical and diagnostic requirements to counter Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) threat agents.
The additions were formally announced in filed written notifications simultaneously with the Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission disclosing changes in its membership. The notifications were filed for the purpose of extending the Act’s provisions limiting the recovery of antitrust plaintiffs to actual damages under specified circumstances.
The following parties have been added to this venture:
- Codagenix, Inc., Great Neck, NY
- Fraunhofer USA Center for Molecular Biotechnology, Newark, DE
- FUJIFILM Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., Boston, MA
- Ibis Biosciences Inc., an Abbott Company, Carlsbad, CA
- Biomeme, Inc., Philadelphia, PA; PPD Development LP, Wilmington, NC
- California Institute for Biomedical Research, La Jolla, CA
- Leidos, Inc., Reston, VA
- Merck Research Laboratories, Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Tetracore, Inc., Rockville, MD
- Mesa Tech International, San Diego, CA
- Synthetic Genomics Vaccines, Inc., La Jolla, CA
- Brimrose Technology Corporation, Sparks, MD
- Bioo Scientific Corporation, Austin, TX
- Click Diagnostics, Inc., San Jose, CA
- Pulmotect, Inc., Houston, TX
- JYANT Technologies, Inc., Marietta, GA
- YourEncore, Inc., Indianapolis, IN
- Texas Biomedical Research Institute, San Antonio, TX
Membership in this group research project remains open, and MCDC intends to file additional written notifications disclosing all changes in membership.
The updated Consortium membership was announced pursuant to The National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993—Medical CBRN Defense Consortium Notice is hereby given that, on April 10, 2017, pursuant to Section 6(a) of the National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993, 15 U.S.C. 4301 et seq.