- This event has passed.
Vector Check: Comprehensive PPE Checks to Reduce Hazards to Firefighters
July 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
A workshop on reducing a firefighter’s exposure to carcinogens and other hazardous materials by meeting NFPA 1851 standards for decontamination of PPE will be held 13 July 2023 from 1300-1400 ET.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) established the NFPA 1851 standard to increase focus on decontamination of PPE to reduce cancer and minimize fireground exposure.
Join this special webinar presentation to see how you can leverage Vector Check and its mobile app to set forth an effective PPE inspection program to ensure continued performance of essential equipment and achieve and maintain NFPA 1851 compliance.
- Ensure PPE inspections are performed utilizing custom checklists and escalation policies
- Access real-time views of inventory status, quantities, and locations
- Create work orders for repairs, track out-of-service equipment, and notify personnel
- Set up built-in verification features to ensure accountability
- Utilize dashboards to view when inspections are completed and by who
Please visit the IAFC How to Meet NFPA 1851 Compliance with Comprehensive PPE Checks event page to register.