- This event has passed.
TOF/QTOF Mass Spectrometry for Identification, Screening, and Confirmation in Forensic Toxicology and Chemistry
October 18 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm EDT
A virtual workshop on Mass Spec for Forensic Toxicology will be hosted 18 October 2023 by the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence, a program of the National Institute of Justice.
The event aims to provide guidance to forensic science service providers involved in the planning, purchase, use, or quality assurance surrounding TOF/QTOF-MS instrumentation.
The speakers for this workshop were selected with the goal of curating a panel of subject matter experts with many combined years of user experience to provide a multifaceted and in-depth perspective on the topic, without endorsing a particular vendor or instrument. Each presenter has a unique role within their respective organizations and can offer their own specialized perspectives on the topics that will be discussed.
Highlighted presenters include:
- Alex Krotulski, Ph.D., Associate Director, Center for Forensic Science Research and Education
- Luke N. Rodda, Ph.D. MRACI CChem, Chief Forensic Toxicologist and Director, San Francisco Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
- Dani C. Mata, MSFS, Senior Forensic Scientist, Forensic Chemistry Bureau of the Orange County Crime Lab
- Kaitlyn Palmquist, Ph.D., Toxicologist, Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
- Kristin W. Kahl, M.S., D-ABFT-FT, NRCC-TT, Toxicologist 3, University of Miami Toxicology Laboratory
- Ryan Pieters, Forensic Scientist, Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene
- Michael Truver, Ph.D., Deputy Director of Forensic Toxicology, University of Florida
- Joshua DeBord, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Center for Forensic Science Research and Education
Attendees will receive guidance on selecting a TOF/QTOF-MS instrument system that will meet general and specific forensic analytical requirements and will learn from experts how to avoid and overcome obstacles to implementing TOF/QTOF-MS instrumentation.
Please visit the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence TOF/QTOF Mass Spectrometry for Identification, Screening, and Confirmation in Forensic Toxicology and Chemistry website to register.