- This event has passed.
Maritime Security 2016 East
March 21, 2016 - March 23, 2016
The Maritime Security 2016 East conference will be held March 21-23, 2016 in Norfolk, Virginia.
As the fourteenth maritime security conference hosted by Homeland Security Outlook since 2011, Maritime Security 2016 East furthers a commitment to address the needs of governments, law enforcement, and critical infrastructure to counter the challenges of securing coastlines, inland waterways, and their critical infrastructure.
Highlighted topics include:
- The ABCs of implementing a regional preventative radiological and nuclear detection program
- Using advanced technology and unmanned systems for port security and incident response
- U.S. Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads: Regional Initiatives, Successes, and Challenges
- Regional Collaborative Program: The Hampton Roads Maritime Incident Response Team
- How to effectively combine capabilities and assets between police and fire departments
- The Search and Rescue Forum and Marine Fire Fighting School
- How to effectively secure grants to enhance maritime security
- Intermodal and Port Security Breakout: Bureau International des Containers introduction
- International and national regimes for maritime container security
Meeting the demands of larger vessels (Post and Super Panamax) while maintaining security
- How ERDI training can enhance and make your diving operations safer
- The DHS Science & Technology’s Integrated Maritime Domain Enterprise
The event also features an On-water Interdiction and Multi-Agency Dive Operation Exercise; Pierside and On-Water Technology and Vessel Showcase; and a U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate BACIS Plugfest.
Please visit the Maritime Security 2016 East website for more information and to register.