- This event has passed.
EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium 2021
May 19, 2021 - May 20, 2021
The Defense Strategies Institute will host the 8th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium from May 19-20, 2021 in Alexandria, Virginia.
This unique two-day event brings together experts and stakeholders to discuss the latest developments in countering the threat of WMDs against the warfighter and the homeland, mitigating explosive and IED threats against critical infrastructure, and technologies and sensor advancements to detect and defeat the full spectrum of explosive threats.
Additional subject focus areas include:
- Leveraging the latest C-IED technologies
- Exploiting IED information and material to produce actionable intelligence
- Assisting all levels of law enforcement in investigation of bombings, arson and explosives
- Leading NECC’s C-IED solutions across the full spectrum of Naval operations
- Minimizing loss of life
Highlighted speakers include:
- COL Russell Hoff, USA, Project Manager, Close Combat Systems, Joint Program Executive Office Armaments & Ammunition
- John Lenox, Director, Military Operations, DoD Explosives Safety Board
- William Byrd Jr., Deputy Associate Director, Office for Bombing Prevention, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- CAPT Rick Hayes, USN, Commander, EOD Group TWO, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command
- CAPT Ben Cipperley, USN, Branch Head, Navy Expeditionary Combat Branch (N957)
Please visit the Defense Strategies Institute EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium 2021 website for more information and to register.