- This event has passed.
Border Security 2017
February 15, 2017 - February 16, 2017
The Border Security 2017 conference is scheduled to take place February 15-16, 2017 in Rome, Italy.
This event will explore how political issues affecting the border security community, such as increasing immigration in the Mediterranean as well as cross-border terrorism, can be combated and managed using innovative technological solutions.
Explore technical solutions in R&D, production and implementation and how these are being effectively utilized to enhance border security. Enhancing surveillance and detection strategies, effectively utilizing manned and unmanned vehicles as well as biometric technology and exploring the threats against land, sea and air borders will take center stage at this global event.
These topics will be addressed by military speakers, border control and customs officials, solution providers, and technological experts on hand to present the latest information and developments in Border Security.
Highlighted topics include:
- Managing growing security threats with technological solutions at airports
- Optimizing naval vessels and air craft to efficiently patrol territorial waters
- Implementing drones with video, infrared sensors and chemical “sniffers” for detecting ships
- Improving the time efficiency of detection technology
- GEOINT products derived from the analysis of satellite imagery and collateral data
- Eastern European borders: Lessons for NATO and its partners
- Border Management Information Systems for capacity building
- The challenges associated with mass migration and lessons learnt from 2015/2016
- Meeting the challenge with advance passenger data & risk assessment
- Enhancing biographic data systems to support its biometric capabilities
- How biometrics are collected and used across the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- An overview of the challenges facing the Italian Navy
Please visit SMi Group’s Border Security 2017 website for more information and registration.