The U.S. Air Force is seeking to identify contractors to provide fully trained and certified fire protection, emergency management, and emergency medical services for the 45th Space Wing at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) in Florida.
Services will include overall program management, financial and resource management, planning, administration, operations, supervision, labor, materials, supplies, and equipment. The contractor will provide all necessary uniforms, personal equipment and supplies; to include operation and maintenance of contractor and Government provided equipment.
The contractor will support real-time requirements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The mission of the 45th Space Wing requires that the contractor have the provisions to ensure continuous fire protection, emergency management and emergency medical services in the event of work stoppage or labor strike that may potentially degrade these service functions. FEMS III Services are considered mission-essential.
The fire and rescue functions include but are not limited to:
- Structural fire fighting
- Aircraft crash fire fighting
- Technical/High angle rescue
- Confined space rescue
- Pre-launch, launch and post launch support
- Hazardous materials technician response
- Water-borne spills
- Shipboard fire fighting
- Pre-incident planning
- Equipment and vehicle management
- Depot level vehicle program participant
- Mutual aid
- Natural disaster response
- Fire prevention, inspection and education
- Welding, cutting, brazing and open flame permits
- Emergency medical response
- Wildland fire fighting
- Financial management
- Certifications, documentation and training to include courses on the AF Portal
- Investigate fires
- Witness and accept testing of fire alarm and fire suppression systems
The contractor shall use government provided Automated Civil Engineering Software-Fire Department (ACES/FD). Maintenance of the ACES/FD server, including backups and installation of patches will be performed by the 45 Civil Engineer Squadron Resources Flight (45 CES/CER).
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: 45CONS-LGCZL-FEMS3. The response deadline is April 17, 2015