The U.S. Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Countermeasures Directorate, Office of Physical Security Programs (DS/C/PSP) is conducting market research on suppliers of decontamination equipment.
Brand name or equal of the following highlighted supplies are sought for planning future solicitations:
Item 1: MIL-SPEC Compliant Responder Decontamination Kit
- Reactive Skin Decontamination Lotion – RSDL; Individual Single Use
- Packet, 42ml Part Number: RSD-F5402
- Fibertect (Brand Name or Equal) 6 x 12 Pad/Wipe, Part Number: FBT-PAD6X12 (Specifications: three layer, inert, flexible, drapable, non-woven composite
- substrate for absorbing and adsorbing chemical warfare agents (CWA), toxic
- industrial chemicals (TICs), and pesticides.
- Must have a 5 year shelf life (from manufacture date)
Item 2: Premeasured, Prepackaged Decontamination Solution
- Solution must be able to neutralize biological agents, GD nerve agents
- and HD blister agents in <5 minutes and VX nerve agents in <15 minutes with one spray pass.
- Must be able to provide decontamination capability 90 seconds or less.
- Decontamination solution must be able to neutralize Fentanyl and Carfentanil compounds in 5 minutes or less.
- Decontamination material must be non-corrosive and not peroxide based.
- Must be non-flammable and yield a pH of 6-8 when mixed.
- Each component of the kit must be individually packaged.
- Decontamination components must be able to be mixed with fresh, salt or brackish water.
- Active ingredients must be a powdered solid to prevent leakage during shipping.
- Must be capable of aircraft transport when in its prepackaged configuration.
- Must have a shelf life of 10 years or greater from date of production.
Item 3: Hand-Held, 22oz Decontamination Solution Pump Sprayer
- Sprayer with 22oz of decontamination solution must be capable of covering 60 sq ft.
- At the highest flow setting, the sprayer must be capable of yielding approximately 13mL of decontaminate in 10 seconds.
- Sprayer must be compact in size and small enough to be worn on equipment belt no larger than 7″ wide and 14” tall with a filled weight of no more than approximately 3 pounds.
- Must have 22oz reservoir made of high density polyethylene plastic.
- Must pressurize 10 pumps or less with a maximum pressure rating of 60 PSI.
- Must have MOLLE bag able to attach to PPE or a belt.
- Must be a hand pump based sprayer.
- Trigger must be lockable and easily operated while in PPE. Trigger must also automatically stop the flow when released.
Additional details are available via Solicitation Number: 106919E226. Interested parties must submit their capability statements no later than 31 July 2019.