The U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Project Office is inviting organizations to submit capability statements to support the Future Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (FTUAS) program.
The objective of this market research is to collect and analyze information about non-developmental, production ready ‘Group 2/3 UAS’, which shall be air drop capable from a maximum of one 16′ air droppable platform or able to be secondary loaded on a single HMMWV with all required equipment.
Other minimum requirements of the Group 2/3 UAS include:
- Operational and airborne within 60 minutes upon arrival time
- Have a low acoustical signal
- Minimum of 100 km range from launch and recovery site to loiter point
- Operable in heavy rainfall
- Launch and recovery operations from a point (vehicles, hilltops, unimproved terrain)
- Capable of distributing motion imagery (Threshold) via encryption (Objective)
- EO/IR payload shall have sufficient resolution to detect, recognize, classify and identify a man-sized target from acoustically survivable operational altitudes and standoff ranges
- Provide a minimum 10-digit grid location information to support target acquisition
- Conduct sustained operations up to 15,000 ft. MSL
- Capabile of hand-off control of the aircraft to another ground control method
- Laser illuminator/pointing device viewable under Night Vision Goggles
- Interchangeable/multiple payloads such as Laser Designation and retransmission of VHF/UHF (RETRANS)
- Capable of distributing compatible motion imagery and metadata to the One System Remote Video Terminal (OSRVT)
Respondents must provide sufficient documentation to substantiate claims of system maturity, capability, performance, safety, production lead times / capacity, and reliability. Additionally, all components and sub-components must have their country-of-origin identified.
Additional requirements are detailed in FedBizOpps Solicitation Number: W911QY-18-R-FTUAS. The response deadline is May 31, 2018 3:00 pm Eastern.