Website Alion Science & Technology
Alion Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Senior Analytical Chemical Scientist to provide Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to a major DoD Agency located in Albuquerque, NM at Kirtland AFB for operational test events. Minimal travel (<10%) to the National Capital Region (NCR) may be required.
- Independently plan weapons effects phenomenology and scaling effects for chemical CWMD testing on mid, large and full-scale test plans and methodologies.
- Review technical activities including data collection, analysis, and provide a report supporting this testing. Assess new analytical instrumentation and technology including standoff detection and point sampling technologies.
- Provide analytical knowledge in collecting, detecting, and identifying chemical components from air and other substrates to assist in collateral effects assessments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences, or related fields of study and a minimum of 6 years’ experience working directly with radiological monitoring in a test and evaluation (T&E) environment is required.
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required: Active/current Top Secret (TS) with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation and technology including sampling technologies; ability to perform data collection and analysis for test plan development and execution; ability to perform collateral effects assessments by detecting and identifying chemical components of interest; demonstrated ability to independently review and evaluate data based on test plans and results.
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office proficiency and ability to work in an individual and team environment.
- Experience in supporting C-WMD test planning and execution.
Job posted 190817