Website National Nuclear Security Administration
A successful candidate in this position will lead a team of highly specialized protective force, which is responsible for the safe and secure transportation of classified and or hazardous nuclear material.
- Serves as a Squad Commander, which entails responsibility for the full range of supervisory functions for all Nuclear Materials Couriers and support staff.
- Performs the full range of supervisory duties, such as assigns and evaluates work performance, establishes training objectives, directs training activities of subordinates, and effects minor disciplinary actions.
- Provides both administrative and technical direction to a highly specialized protective force that is responsible for the safe and secure transportation of classified and/or hazardous materials.
- Directs the response of resources in an emergency such as sabotage or theft of material.
50% or less – Travel is required for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Subject to Random Drug Testing
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Favorable suitability determination required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Q level Security Clearance.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
- Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification.
- A supervisory one year probationary period may be required.
- More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Must possess or acquire a valid State motor vehicle operator’s license; have a satisfactory driving record; be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate specialties, i.e. hazmat.
- Occasional exposure to potential dangers from explosives and radioactive and toxic materials.
- The work of this position involves handling sensitive and dangerous materials and information critical to national defense;
- This position is covered under Human Reliability Program (HRP)
- Subject to annual physical, psychological testing and evaluation, and random drug and alcohol testing.
- This position is designated as a primary position and is covered by the retirement provisions of 5 USC 8336 (c).
- The OST Mission is performed on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis. All employees are subject to participation in both scheduled and unscheduled emergency response exercises and events.
- The Department of Energy requires that persons employed in courier positions meet on continuing basis its physical requirements, weapons qualifications, and first aid training requirements.
- Required to carry a firearm and maintain qualifications on assigned weapons.
Announcement number: 20-XA-01464-NNSA