Website MELE Associates, Inc.
The Senior Nuclear Weapon System Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the top-level management activities at the DOE/NNSA headquarters office for the NNSA Office of Defense Programs (NA-10). This full-time position is contingent upon contract award.
The Senior Nuclear Weapon System SME will perform a range of onsite activities related to the Nuclear Weapons Council (NWC) as part of a project performing technical, liaison, and analytical support to the client. Essential duties will include:
- Plan and manage nuclear weapon life extension programs and related stockpile management to the maintenance of a highly reliable and safe nuclear deterrent.
- Manage and control Concept Development, Development Engineering, and Production Engineering using the NWC Phase 6.X Process.
- Coordinate retrofits, component logistics, and asset management with/to/from the Department of Defense (DOD).
- Represent nuclear weapon programs on various matters associated with the program (within the constraining rules of Inherently Federal Functions), insuring that program management activities are consistent with the program objectives, and provide management with program status and issue resolution.
- Monitor progress, develop, and provide draft guidance to federal staff on all aspects of the nuclear weapon program, based on review and analysis of reports, interviews, and conferences with design, production, and DOD personnel, and frequent visits to the design laboratories, production plants, and DOD installations.
- Monitor and advise federal staff on test schedules, requirements, and processes to support an efficient and effective test program for developmental systems.
- Obtain, evaluate, and analyze weapon and components production status reports and ensure the status is valid and the that reported activities support program objectives.
- Coordinate and expedite problem resolution through to completion.
- Prepare executive and management reports and present briefings related to stockpile trends, operational readiness, general program status and issue resolution.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Engineering from an accredited institution
- An active DOE Q or DOD Top Secret security clearance
- 20+ years’ experience developing and sustaining nuclear weapons systems
- 20+ years’ of demonstrated knowledge of Defense Programs processes and procedures associated with upgrade and sustainment of nuclear weapons systems
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Physics or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Active DOE Q security clearance
- 25+ years’ experience with development and sustainment of nuclear weapons systems
- 25+ years’ of demonstrated knowledge of Defense Programs processes and procedures associated with upgrade and sustainment of nuclear weapons systems
- Familiarity, experience and knowledge of the NWC
- Experience supporting the NA-10 Principal Deputy Administration and the Principal Assistant Deputy Administrator for Military Application