Website MELE Associates, Inc.
The NNSA Defense Programs Project Manager will support the top-level management activities at the DOE/NNSA headquarters office for the NNSA Office of Defense Programs (NA-10). This full-time position is contingent upon contract award.
The NNSA Defense Program PM will perform onsite project management by leading a team of scientific and engineering personnel to perform technical, liaison, and analytical support to the client. Essential functions will include:
- Manage and control all activities supporting the contract.
- Manage the overall strategic communication activities related to stakeholder/senior leader inquiries that require factually correct, coordinated, persuasive, integrated, and timely responses.
- Manage the logistical support for presentation, delivery, and production of executive communications materials such as graphic design capabilities and editing materials.
- Lead the technical editing on internal and external executive correspondence including Congressional reports and responses to Members of the House and Senate, and the House and Senate Armed Services and Appropriations Committees, and strategic communications documents and products.
- Lead Nuclear Weapons Council (NWC) related activities such as advice and assistance with work planning, report generation and coordination, preparation of principals for meetings, management and control of related information (e.g. draft briefings, letters, reports, and analysis) and advice on issues raised by NWC or subordinate groups concerning NA-10 programs.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, business, management, or another technical field
- Active DOE Q or DOD Top Secret security clearance
- 10+ years’ experience in managing programs related to nuclear security and nuclear weapons
- Familiarity, experience and knowledge of the NWC
- Experience with strategic communications, technical editing and overall policy and budget processes
- Master’s degree in public policy, business, management, or another technical field
- Active DOE Q security clearance
- 20+ years’ experience in managing programs related to nuclear security
- Experience supporting the NA-10 Principal Deputy Administration and the Principal Assistant Deputy Administrator for Military Application