DHS Office of Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), Systems Support Directorate, Test and Evaluation Division, Washington, District of Columbia.
- The primary purpose of this position is to support DHS’s effort to protect the nation from weapons of mass destruction by ensuring that CBRN technologies are effective and suitable for their intended operational mission.
- Providing test and evaluation support to Acquisition programs and Research and Development programs.
- Leading Test Planning Working Groups (TPWGs) in planning the execution of test event.
- Preparing Test and Evaluation Strategies, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, and Test Plans.
- Managing test resources (funds, personnel and equipment).
- Preparing risk assessments and managing risk.
- Overseeing test execution on test sites.
- Applying experimental theories and/or new applications or developments to extend or modify theories, concepts, and assumptions.
- Applying experimental theories and/or new applications or developments to resolve unique or novel problems, conditions, or issues.
- Providing advice to senior colleagues and/or agency officials responsible for broad program operations.
- Providing significant and innovative recommendations for advancing programs and/or methods.
Applicant must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that included:
- Applying engineering or architectural theories, principles, methods, and applications to support weapons of mass destruction (WMD) (i.e., chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear [CBRN]) detection systems;
- Providing advice to senior officials responsible for the research and development of domestic WMD detection systems; and
- Testing and advising on new technologies to execute test and evaluation in CBRN research and development testing and/or developmental or operational testing.
Preferred Certifications: DAWIA or DHS T&E level 1, 2, or 3 certifications; or Certified Test Evaluation Professional Certification (CTEP) within the last three years.