Company Overview: K.D. Analytical, a subsidiary of Federal Resources, was founded in 2003 to provide high quality customized training/support to the emerging Military First Responder and the Homeland Defense Community. The staff has over 75 years of combined experience training, supporting and serving the military first responder program and 200 years combined experience supporting and running high-end analytical equipment. The staff is dedicated to supporting, training and innovating existing and emerging technologies in the Homeland Defense community, Environmental Investigations and direct-to-consumer applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with the use of GCSS-A and DMLSS; current detection and lifesaving equipment (such as, the use of CBD respiratory protection equipment)
- Responsible for performing advanced preventive maintenance checks and services on all equipment
- Responsible for performing Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 repairs on CBRNE and other equipment
- Inform Senior Scientist of needs to be successful
- Provide approval of Triage and Repairs performed by others
- Manage inventory of repair parts and supplies
- Understand and comply with quality system
- Provides accurate and easily understood technical support for chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear instrumentation and equipment operations via phone or email
Experience, Education, Certifications:
- Must have experience with GCSS-A and DMLSS
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or Physics preferred
- Familiarity and experience with ISO 9000
- Experience in CBRNE instrument application and repair
- 2-4 years in the field operating CBRNE equipment
- Secret security clearance may be required.
- Ability to travel by car and airplane to perform client maintenance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning instrumentation and hands on repair activities
- Microsoft Office Suite familiarity
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Also requires ability to lift up to 10 pounds. Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners. Travel: May require up to 50% travel. Equal Opportunity Statement: Federal Resources Supply Company (FRSC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Federal Resources Supply Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.