The Explosives and Hazardous Device Examiner performs operations and logistics duties as directed.
* This is a contingent opportunity
- Maintain partnership with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Directorate for Science & Technology (DST).
- Coordinate the transport and examination of material from improvised detonators submitted for full laboratory exploitation.
- Draft reports detailing the components that comprise the improvised detonators.
- Obtain different types of detonating cords manufactured all over the world.
- Update and maintain information in the EXPeRT database.
- Serve as the training examiner.
- Provide training in the area of administrative matters, operations, and the safety procedures associated with the explosives demolition range and associated equipment, the Quality Assurance Manual (QAM), Laboratory Operations Manual (LOM), and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors / Laboratory Accreditation Board-International (ASCLD / LAB-International) accreditation program.
- Perform both technical and administrative reviews of Forensic Explosive and Hazardous Device reports written by the trainee, verifying accuracy, and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) during the trainee’s training period.
- Construct and prepare “mock-up” explosive devices for proficiency testing in the unit.
- Conduct technical and administrative reviews for device reports.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as required.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences and at least three (3) years of experience in positions requiring examinations/inspections.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Investigative services.
- The ability to prioritize job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on excellent customer service is a must.
- Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
To apply for this job please visit careers-oraucareers.icims.com.