Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an Environmental Scientist 1 in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Environmental Scientist 1 performs activities and tasks in support of characterization and environmental restoration of hazardous and radioactive waste sites located at the Nevada National Security Site.
- Under general supervision and guidance has the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
- Ability to organize own work independently in order to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
- Responsibilities encompass a variety of tasks that may include both office and field work.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential function.
- Ensures documents are clear, concise, and conform to regulatory and technical requirements.
- Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment and participate in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to document and record work activities as appropriate.
- Field visits to the NNSS or TTR may be required to support assigned work activities. Field activities may include visual surveys, sampling, or providing support for other coworkers.
- May be required to prepare technical reports with supervision.
- Works to assigned procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or technical discipline and up to 5 years of experience in the environmental industry.
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematics and science.
- Fundamental computer skills, i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Meet minimum safety training requirements, such as OSHA, 40-Hour, HAZWOPER.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts and techniques in environmental science and regulatory compliance related to NEPA, RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, TSCA, FIFRA and natural resources laws and regulations.
- Ability to conduct historical research as required by the assigned work activities. Research may include but is not limited to historical documents, engineering drawings, conducting interviews of past and present NNSS workers.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Government related experience preferred.
- When working at the Nevada Support Facility at DOE, NLV Complex the work is primarily office and office support.
- If conducting work in the field, physical effort may be required, up to and not limited to lifting, bending, reaching, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- May require travel and performing work at remote locations.
- Overtime may be required to complete assigned task.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit navarro-inc.workable.com.