Website National Nuclear Security Administration
A successful candidate in this position will provide advice to NNSA HQs program offices, site offices & contractors by providing recommendations & guidance on packaging and transportation needs.
As a General Engineer or Physical Scientist, you will:
- Evaluate the safety of and compliance with regulatory and DOE Order requirements of proposed shipments of radioactive materials, nuclear weapon components, special assemblies used as surrogates in tests to assess nuclear weapon performance, and other hazardous materials.
- Provide technical, regulatory and compliance with DOE Orders on packaging and transportation requirement guidance.
- Perform assessments of NNSA packaging design agencies, package users and organizations to ensure their compliance with regulatory and DOE Order requirements.
- Support NNSA OPT Packaging Program by participating in the packaging design as part of the integrated package realization team.
- Deliver consistently high-quality written and oral communications in all assigned areas.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve complex organizational problems
Announcement number: VirtualJF801-1301PTEN4