Website U.S. Secret Service
Do you have a passion for public service? The United States Secret Service (USSS) is looking for you! The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations.Our team members continue a tradition of excellence–whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. We serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage.
The Secret Service is seeking to hire talented individuals to:
Provide overall program and project planning, coordination, management, and quality assurance for interrelated technical areas including, but not limited to:
Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection and countermeasures;
Protective equipment for CBRNE safety
Serve as a senior scientist on specialized projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in developing, formulating, planning, managing, directing and executing operational programs, thus promoting best practices and enhancing the agency’s investigative and protective missions;
· Develop, test, and evaluate tools, systems and protocols for the detection, containment and disposition of CBRNE materials;
· Participate in interagency ad-hoc working groups for CBRNE detection and protection protocols;
· Serve as an expert and advisor on acquisition management and implementation (e.g. pre-solicitation documentation, source selection); serve as a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) in managing awarded contracts;
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assure that mission requirements and performance metrics are met, utilizing best practices and applicable scientific methods to ensure “real time” data/information throughout the contract/program life cycle;
· Prepare and provide briefings for USSS leadership and other stakeholders;
· Support fixed-site, temporary-site and laboratory operations; and
· Prepare operational and maintenance specifications and guides for end-users; provide training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.