MITRE’s Emerging Technology Office seeks an analytical chemist to provide technical expertise and oversight to programs in support of United States Government agencies. In this position, you will provide USG program managers and senior leaders with subject matter expertise on analytical chemistry applications, methodologies, and research. The results of these efforts will be used to provide strategic guidance to MITRE’s government sponsors and assist them in the conception, planning, development, and execution of programs designed to enhance national defense.
The candidate will be responsible for the following functions in this position:
- Performing quality assurance and quality control activities in the area of analytical chemistry, with an emphasis on mass spectrometry.
- Reviewing literature and performing interviews to identify discoveries, trends, advancements, technologies, and research activities in analytical chemistry that could impact USG activities and interests.
- Performing technical reviews and assessments in the field of analytical chemistry as well as developing analytical strategies for sample evaluation.
- Assessing implications of emerging trends and advancements in analytical chemistry.
- Leading multidisciplinary teams, supervising junior staff, and contributing technically to other on-going projects and research.
- Attending technical reviews and discussions, facilitating round-table discussions, performing interviews, and other duties as appropriate to develop and encourage technical expertise.
- Five or more years of experience working with multiple analytical chemistry techniques with an emphasis in mass spectrometry. Techniques may include, but are not limited to, FTIR, Raman, GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, MALDI-TOF/MS, ICP/MS.
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, with prior experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team acting to solve complex client problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present technical matters in an accessible manner and brief using PowerPoint and/or speak extemporaneously.
- Hands on experience with multiple analytical instruments and procedures.
- Experience developing and implementing novel analytical processes.
- Experience with industrial and environmental sample analysis.
- ISO 17025 certification.
Minimum Education/ Experience: M.S. or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related field.
Travel Statement: *This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances.
To apply for this job please visit mitre.referrals.selectminds.com.