TRB 2022 – Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting
January 9, 2022 - January 13, 2022
The Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting will be held January 9–13, 2022 in Washington, D.C.
The event is expected to attract thousands of transportation professionals from around the world.
The meeting program covers all transportation modes, with sessions and workshops addressing topics of interest to policy makers, administrators, practitioners, researchers, and representatives of government, industry, and academic institutions.
TRB’s volunteer technical committees organize the sessions and workshops at the TRB Annual Meeting. They also hold their own committee meetings throughout the week of the meeting, and most are open to all Annual Meeting attendees. With more than 170 committees, almost every transportation mode and topic is represented.
Highlighted sessions include:
- Transportation for National Defense Committee
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Risk and Performance
- Transit Safety and Security Committee
- Transportation Systems Resilience Section
- Transportation of Hazardous Material Committee
- Critical Transportation Infrastructure Protection
- Emergency Response Subcommittee, AMR00(1), Joint Subcommittee of AMR00, ACP10, ACS10, ACS30
- Disaster Response, Emergency Evacuations, and Business Continuity Committee
- Cyber Resilience: Keeping the Nation’s Transportation Infrastructure Safe and Secure from Cyber Attacks
- State of the Art and Future Vision on Artificial Intelligence Research and Applications in Transportation
- Ready for Action: Making the Leap from Research to Practice for Emergency Response
- Emergency Responder Safety and Next-Generation Traffic Incident Management
- Decisions for the Season Interactive Game: The Fine Line Between Risk and Resiliency
- Improving Informal Public Transport in Developing Countries Using Information and Communication Technologies
- Topics in Rail Transit Safety and Security
- Smartphone Apps, New Mobility, and Recent Information and Communications Technology Developments
- Evacuation Case Study and Lessons Learned
- Emergency Response, Responder Safety, and Traffic Incident Management Research
- Trespassing and Technology: Existing and Future Detection and Mitigation Technology
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg will be the keynote speaker at the Chair’s Plenary Session.
A number of sessions and workshops focus on the spotlight theme for the 2022 meeting: Innovating an Equitable, Resilient, Sustainable, and Safe Transportation System.
Please visit the TRB 2022 Annual Meeting website for more information.