Society for Radiological Protection 2020-2021 Annual Conference
March 16, 2021 - March 18, 2021
The 2020 and 2021 Annual Conference will now be combined and will now take place from 16 – 18 March 2021 in Bournemouth. All previous tickets will be automatically moved to the new dates unless you would like to request a refund if you’re unable to attend the new dates – for this, please email email@example.com .
Event theme: Practical Radiation Protection: Innovation and Challenges.
SRP 2020-2021 will address the practical challenges of regulatory changes, cost limitations impacting training the next generation of professionals, future challenges for disposal and development of Small Modular Reactors.
Presentations will be made from radiological protection stakeholders across the community, from the medical field to non-nuclear with speakers with experience as RPAs, RWAs, regulators, instrumentation and dosimetry experts.
Highlighted topics and focus areas include:
• Nuclear Sector – for compliance with REPPIR, how does an RPA argue SQEP to deal with a site emergency when the highest activity experienced is 1 Bq/cm2 alpha on a foot?
• Oil and Gas industry – how have changes involving NORM affected work and disposals of waste arisings?
• Has Brexit impacted foreign students attending UK universities and R&D at establishments such as JET?
• Has the cost associated with notification etc, meant schools no longer teach with radioactive sources when discussing half life and shielding?
• What future RP challenges does the future hold with the development of the UKs Geological Disposal Facility and development of Small Modular Reactors.
Please visit the SRP 2020-2021 Annual Conference website for more information.