- This event has passed.
Planning Resilience for High-Impact Threats
December 5, 2014
The Planning Resilience for High-impact Threats to Critical Infrastructure conference will be held 5 December 2014 in Washington D.C.
Top experts will update measures being taken to plan for and mitigate high-impact threats such as EMP, extreme space and cyber to critical infrastructure including power, communications and medical infrastructure.
This year’s conference will also review recent emergency management table top exercises providing insights into practical steps that can be taken to reduce the tragic effects of these high-impact scenarios.
Distinquished presenters and panelists will include:
- US Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI)
- FERC Commissioner Philip D. Moeller
- Ambassador Hank Cooper
- VA Commonwealth Senator Bryce Reeves
- Honorable Andrea Boland
- NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center staff
- Mary D. Lasky, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Curtis Birnbach, President, Advanced Fusion Systems
- Kevin Briggs, DHS Team Chief NCCIC
- George Baker, Professor Emeritus, James Madison University
- Bronius Cikotas, Former Division Chief, Defense Nuclear Agency
- Paul Stockton, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense
- Richard Andres, Professor, National War College
- Thomas MacLellan, National Governors Association
- Dennis Schrader, President, DRS International
- Terry Donat, Health Policy and Emergency Medicine, Chicago
- Sierra Bainbridge, MASS Design Group, Off-grid hospitals, Boston
- Commissioner Philip D. Moeller, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
On Dec. 4, an invitation-only two part table top exercise of high-impact threat “Prepared or Unprepared” will be held at the National Guard Association HQ in Washington, DC. Initial results will be discussed on Dec. 5 at this event.
Please visit the Planning Resilience for High-impact Threats to Critical Infrastructure website for more information and to register.