- This event has passed.
National Test and Evaluation Conference
March 6, 2017 - March 8, 2017
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) will host the 32nd Annual National Test and Evaluation Conference on March 6-8, 2017 in San Diego, California.
The event seeks to focus on improving T&E in defense and homeland security acquisition systems under this year’s theme of ‘Strategic T&E Collaboration: Government-Industry Partnering to Achieve Decisive Operational Advantage’.
Senior T&E leaders and stakeholders will present their views on the current situation, what can be improved and how government & industry can partner to meet the near and long term needs.
Highlighted topics and presentations include:
- Comprehensive Use of Advanced Automation/Robotics in Explosives Detection T&E
- Explosives Simulant Verification and Validation
- Results of Improved Collaboration between Explosives Equipment Vendors and DT&E Engineers
- Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E) Bottle Liquid Scanner (BLS) Program
- Model-Based Approaches for the Safe Testing of Autonomous Aircraft
- Estimating Variability of Injuries in Underbody Blast Live-fire Testing for Evaluating Modeling and Simulation
- DARPA Robotics Challenge: Ten Years of Lesson Learned Put into Action
- Test Range Efficiency Panel
- Case Study in DoD/DHS Partnership
- The Integration of Mission Engineering and T&E
- The New Normal – Continuous Testing by T&E
- Formal Methods for Verification and Testing of Autonomous Systems
- Computational Prototyping Environments (CPEs) — A Strategy for the Cost Effective Acceleration of DOD Weapon Systems Development
- Lessons Learned in Planning and Executing F-35 Full Weapon System Testing
- Role of the Cyber T&E Range Executive Agent
Highlighted session moderators and panel participants include:
- Terry Murphy, Director, U.S. Department of Homeland Security DT&E
- Robert Klueg, Branch Chief, Spectroscopy Technologies Developmental T&E, DHS
- John Beck Jr., Deputy Director, Land Systems Operational Test and Evaluation Authority, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Michael Snyder, Branch Chief, X-ray Inspection Technologies Developmental T&E, DHS
- Michael Barrientos, Certification Readiness Test Lead, Bottled Liquid Scanner Systems, DHS S&T
- Mark Fry, Chief, Laboratory Operations, DHS/S&T/CDS/TSL
- Pete Christensen, Director, National Cyber Range, Test Resource Management Center
- Steve Hutchison, Director, Test & Evaluation, U.S. DHS
- Bill D’Amico, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- William Van Besien, Software Engineer, Embedded Applications Group, JHU APL
- Mark Bradbury, Chief Engineer, Cyber Operations, Development and Evaluation Center, Raytheon Company
- Danny Holtzman, SES (USAF), Technical Director, Cyber, U.S. Air Force
- Reed Young, Program Manager, Robotics and Autonomy, JHU APL
An optional off-site tour of SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific will be available to conference participants.
Please visit NDIA’s National Test and Evaluation Conference website for more information.