- This event has passed.
International Conference on Emergency Medicine
April 18, 2016 - April 21, 2016
The International Conference on Emergency Medicine ICEM 2016 will held April 18-21, 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The theme of the conference, “Emergency Medicine Now: Knowledge, Action and Accountability” reflects the event’s focus on important aspects of emergency medical care including pre-‐hospital care, emergency nursing and clinical practices.
Highlighted topics include:
- How to manage the infectious disease in ED: MERS experiences in Korea
- EM training in Sierra Leone: A pilot undergraduate program
- Ebola West Africa outbreak control activities
- An online learning program improves traumatic brain injury guideline adherence
- From nerve gas to bombing: CBRNE challenges and management
- Ebola treatment centers: West Africa outbreak
- Operational pre-hospital healthcare audit of burn injury cases
- The reliability of nurse-led triage in post-Ebola Sierra Leone
- Text message-based emergency medical dispatching for community emergency response
- Hurricane preparedness readiness: Assessment of healthcare workers
- Point of care blood testing in the ED
- Hostile urban environments, quality and EMS
- Geriatric traumatic brain injury: Lessons from Japan
- Black Friday terrorist attacks in Paris
- Hospital disaster preparedness is EM
- Pre-hospital recognition and management of patients in shock
- Support for emergency nurses in Africa
- EMS prototypes around the world
Please visit the ICEM 2016 website for more information and to register.