- This event has passed.
Disaster Research Response (DR2) Tucson Workshop
February 28, 2019 - March 1, 2019
The fourth National Institutes of Health (NIH) Disaster Research Response Program (DR2) Workshop will be held 28 Feb 2019 – 1 Mar 2019 in Tucson, Arizona.
Jointly sponsored by National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) and University of Arizona College of Medicine- Tucson, the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy and the Bio5 Institute, the workshop will center around facilitated discussions using a realistic scenario to:
- Foster increased understanding of the importance of rapid data collection and research in response to disasters by a wide audience of stakeholders, including impacted communities
- Identify strategies and platforms for multiple stakeholders to improve their capabilities for rapid clinical and population investigations and research
- Facilitate relationships and knowledge sharing between local, state, federal, academic, and community stakeholders
- Explore research tools, protocols, and processes that help support the design, review, and implementation of timely clinical and epidemiologic research in response to disasters
Highlighted presentations and workshop session topics include:
- General Background on Disaster Management Health Issues
- Acute Emergency Management Information for Health Protection
- Medical Care and Treatment
- Overview of Steps and Information Needs for Health Care and Community Studies & Introduction to Data Map
- National Library of Medicine Common Data Elements & NIEHS RAPIDD
- Meridian/AKIDO Demonstration
- Crowd Movement Model
- Poison Control Center Demonstration
- FDA RAPIDD Mobile Data
- IRB Discussion of Ethical Considerations and Issues for Needed Health Studies
Seating is limited for this workshop, so please register early.
Editor’s note: NIEHS has recently added additional application windows through mid-2019 to the grant Mechanism for Time-Sensitive Opportunities in Environmental Health Sciences (R21) Notice Number: NOT-ES-19-008.