- This event has passed.
CRHNet Annual Symposium 2016
November 23, 2016 - November 25, 2016
The Canadian Risk and Hazards Network 13th CRHNet Annual Symposium will be held November 23-25, 2016, in Montreal, Canada.
The CRHNet is a not-for-profit organization established in 2003 to promote and strengthen disaster risk reduction and emergency management in Canada. The Network creates an environment for hazards research, education and emergency management practitioner communities to effectively share knowledge and innovative approaches that reduce disaster vulnerability.
Highlighted sessions include:
- Risk Assessment Capability in Canada
- Improvements and Validation of Earth Observation Based Geomatics Products for Emergency
- Decision-SupportThe Incident Management Model for Nuclear Emergency Management
- S&T Challenges from the UN Office of Disaster Risk Reduction’s Sendai Framework
- Leviathan II Rescue – Application of the Incident Command System
- Exploring the Effectiveness of Humanitarian NGO-Private Sector Collaborations
- Psychosocial Response to Disaster: A First Nation Perspective
- Learning from Two Resiliency Projects in New Brunswick
- Fire Management Partnerships in Ontario
- EM Program for Response in Remote areas
- Prevent Community Harm Through Risk-based Land Use Planning
- Supply Chain Analysis and Management – Concept of Operations
- Strategic and Tactical Viewpoints for Improving Resiliency
- Professional Development in the Emergency Management Field
- Safety and Environmental Risk Model for Inland Water Transportation
Please visit the CRHNet Annual Symposium website for more information.