- This event has passed.
CBW Protection Symposium 2016
June 8, 2016 - June 10, 2016
The 12th International Symposium on Protection Against Chemical and Biological Warfare Agents will be held June 8-10, 2016 in Stockholm, Sweden.
The symposium gathers those engaged within the field of chemical and biological protection for equipment exhibits and presentations on topics including:
- State and non-state actors with CBW ambitions
- CBRN modeling and simulation
- First response in CBRN incidents
- CBRN crisis management at national and international levels
- Education and training for CBRN environments
- Lessons learned from multinational operations
- Detection technology and systems
- Mobile laboratories
- Identification and forensics of biological agents and toxins
- Analysis of forensics of chemical agents
- Environmental and health threats of military interest
- Medical management, triage and early diagnostics
- Novel targets for medical countermeasures
- Long-term health impacts of CBRN exposure
- Filter capacity and respiratory protection
- Disarmament and non-proliferation
This year’s keynote speaker is Colonel Vratislav Osvald, Director for Training, Exercises and Education Department, NATO’s Joint Centre of Excellence (COE).
The Symposium is organized jointly by a number of Sweden’s agencies invested in CBRN defense and emergency preparedness, including: Swedish Defence Research Agency, Swedish Armed Forces, National Defence College, and the National Police Board.
Please visit FOI’s CBW Protection Symposium website for more information and to register.