2023 AAFS Annual Meeting – American Academy of Forensic Sciences
February 13 - February 18
The 75th Anniversary Conference of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences will convene from 13-18 February 2023 in Orlando, Florida.
The conference program will be available 1 November 22.
The proceedings from last year’s conference are available here: AAFS 2022: Meeting and Surpassing the Challenges of a Modern Forensic Science World
Example seminars and topics from last year include:
- Responding to the Future Challenges of Emergency Preparedness in a Modern Forensic Science World
- A Year of Mandatory, Universal COVID-19 Postmortem Testing in San Francisco: Lessons Learned
- Standards Development Activities in Medicolegal Death Investigation
- The Path Forward Continues: What’s Happening in Forensic Standards
- Discovering Clandestine Human Remains Using Unmanned Aerial System-Based Remote Sensing
- Strengthening Forensic Science Through Independent Verification and Validation: The Path Forward
- Autopsy of a Crime Lab: The Evolving Approaches Toward Forensic Evidence in Court
- Helping the Marines Correct the Historical Record: Identifying the Iwo Jima Flag Raisers Using
Photographic Comparison and Facial Recognition
- Forensic Nursing Science: A New Section for a New Scientific Era
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Forensic DNA Activities: Foundations, Research, and Standards
- Unseen Threats: Emerging Illicit Drugs and Concealment Techniques
- Forensic Postmortem Radiology: Crossing the Border Between Radiology and Pathology
- Novel Synthetic Opioids (NSO) in a Post-Fentanyl Analog Environment
- Advances in Sorting Commingled Human Remains: A Preliminary Study Using the Subtalar Joint
- Heavy Truck Fuel Tank Protection in Frontal Impacts
- Medicolegal Systems and Forensic Services Assessments: Methods to Better Understand the Needs and Challenges of Providing Structured Support and Building Sustainable Forensic Capacities
Please visit the AAFS 2023 Annual Conference website for more information on registration, exhibiting, and abstract submission.