- This event has passed.
2022 IAFC International HAZMAT Conference
June 8 - June 12
The International Hazardous Materials Response Teams Conference will take place 9-12 June 2022 in Baltimore, Maryland. An additional pre-conference day will be available on June 8, 2022.
The IAFC’s Hazmat Conference provides the latest classroom, hands-on and field trip-based training on what’s new in hazmat, covering all aspects of hazmat, including transportation, safety, WMD, gear, terrorism, mass decontamination, bioterrorism and more. The HAZMAT exhibit floor includes outdoor demonstrations of hazardous materials gear and equipment.
Learn about new and updated practices in HAZMAT response including transportation, safety, weapons of mass destruction (WMD), gear, mass decontamination terrorism, bioterrorism, and more. Some of the class topics and objectives include:
- Biothreat response and sample collection.
- Incident management best practices
- Chemical and physical properties of hazardous materials
- Recognizing and responding to commercial explosive incidents
- Pre-incident planning tips and tricks
- Risk-based response to batter emergencies
- Tactical chemistry
- Anhydrous ammonia response
- Wet chemistry hazard classification
- Ethanol emergency response training
- Liquified natural gas safety and emergency response
- Field detection of pesticides
- Recognition of homemade WMDs
- Leading and managing a HAZMAT response team
- Chemical laboratory management
- Emergencies at chemical facilities
- Developing decontamination strategies
- Pipeline emergency response
- Responding to toxic suicides
Visit the IAFC HAZMAT 2022 event registration page to attend.