- This event has passed.
2017 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
November 14, 2017 - November 15, 2017
The Defense Strategies Institute will host the 5th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium on November 14-15, 2017 in Alexandria, Virginia.
“Advancing Counter-IED Capabilities & Decision Support at Home and Abroad” is this year’s driving theme, with the sole objective of advancing the mission critical needs of each respective community in IED defeat.
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD & US Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their mission success. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
Highlighted discussion areas include:
- Coordination of National and Intergovernmental C-IED Efforts
- Information Sharing and Decision Support Across All Government Agencies & Departments
- Mitigating Explosive & IED Incidents in the Homeland
- Addressing Emerging EOD/IED Challenges in Asymmetrical Warfare Environments
- S&T Efforts to Ensure Advanced Detection & Neutralization Capabilities
- Defining Acquisition Priorities for Effective IED Countermeasures & EOD Operations
- Developing Policy & International Collaboration for Global IED Defeat
- Leveraging Industry Perspective for Improved C-IED & EOD Technology
- Identifying & Tracking Threat Networks to Mitigate IED Events
Highlighted speakers and panelists include:
- MajGen David Coffman, USMC Director, Expeditionary Warfare
- CAPT Keith B. Dowling, USN Chief, Integration & Delivery Directorate Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), DTRA
- CAPT Scott Kraft, USN, Commanding Officer, Indian Head EOD Technology Division
- Naval Surface Warfare Center
- COL Jonathan B. Slater, USA, PM, Close Combat Systems
- S. Army PEO Ammunition
- Brennan Phillips, AFT Senior Explosives Enforcement Office, Seattle Field Division, ATF
- COL David Green, USA Chief, TRADOC Capability Manager – EOD, CASCOM
- COL Christopher T. Kuhn, USA Director, The Counter Explosive Hazard Center, U.S. Army Engineer School
- John V. Simpson, PM, Raven’s Challenge Interoperability Exercise, Explosives Enforcement Training Division, National Center for Explosives Training & Research
- Officer Kristian Kimble, Bomb Technician, K-9 Handler, Special Operations Division – EOD, Metropolitan Police Dept.
- Karl Dahlhauser, Associate Director for Electronic Warfare & Countermeasures Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Research & Engineering C-IED Community of Interest Co-Chair
- COL Frank G. Davis II, Commander, 71st Ordnance Group (EOD), 20th CBRNE Command
- Edwin Bundy, Program Manager, Improvised Device Defeat Subgroup, Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office
- SSA W. Mark Whitworth, Unit Chief, TEDAC Explosives Unit Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center, FBI
- Shawn Stallworth, Chief, Office For Bombing Prevention, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- William Windsor, Director, DoD Unexploded Ordnance Center of Excellence
- Neil Harper, Acting Director, U.S. Bomb Data Center, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- David Hernandez, Deputy PM, Homemade Explosives Lead, Explosive Effects Laboratory
- Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency, DHS
- MAJ Noah Cooper, USA, Intel Chief, Irregular Warfare Analysis Cell Asia Pacific Counter-Improvised Explosive Device Fusion Center, U.S. Army Pacific Command
- Scott Bowen, PM, IED Gaming and Modeling Environment (I-GAME) Naval Air Systems Command
Please visit DSI Group’s EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium website for more information.
CBRNE Central is an official media partner of the EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium.