The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has released a new e-book focusing on Critical Issues in Disaster Science and Management.
“A Dialogue Between Researchers and Practitioners” explores historic divide between academics and practitioners.
Perspectives from each side are presented on the following topics:
- Whole Community: Local, State and Federal Relationships
- Volunteers and Nonprofits in Disaster
- Public/Private Partnerships in Emergency Management
- Access and Functional Needs
- Public Health Preparedness
- Planning and Improvisation in Emergency Management
- Reflections on NIMS
- Long-Term Recovery
- After-Action Reporting for Exercises and Incidents
- Social Media and Emergency Management
- Unmet Needs and Persistent Problems
The document is available for download here via the Homeland Security Digital Library (HSDL).